There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

I like my job.

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Exxon is a great company to work for in terms of available experiances. They have operations worldwide and in most cases, you get to go to the location you work on. I also feel like my work is meaningful. I get to directly track how it affects the bottom line.

Cons

The downside of exxon is their annual employee assesment process. They rank all of their employees and assign you to a bucket (middle, low or upper). While this is a benfit in my mind because it give direct feedback on your performance, the process acts like more of black box because you are unaware of who the individuals are that are number 1 and what they do differtent to get there. I feel like a lot of politics play in to it at some point.

Keep on keeping on. They generally do a pretty good job and are approachable in my opinion.

452 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

Large bureaucracy, no room for any creativity

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

The compensation is decent. That's about it.

Cons

Does not inspire any creativity, huge bureaucracy, no fairness to the ranking system. "Performance Review" will be based on how much you kiss up to your boss.

Change outdated HR policies.

Great place to work long term

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

One of the best reasons is that I never have to worry about being laid off. They have a fantastic benefits package. It blows everyone elses benefits out of the water. And their retirement package is amazing. It's easy to retire a millionaire from here...even the little guys.

Cons

Managers are not all on the same page. Some people have a fantastic manager, open to new ideas, but others have an old, set in their ways manager.

Try to treat everyone here with the same amount of respect. We all went to college!

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!