There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Multinational company in real sense

Former Employee - Analyst in Prague (Czech Republic)
Former Employee - Analyst in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is structured in best way. Has lot of growth potential both for company and employees. Employees are proud and satisfied with the company. It has different business areas which are complimentary to each other, which in turn has scope for high return. It is real giant...

Cons

It is too much American way at work. Perhaps need to understand people potential from multicultural dimension and promote them be be good performers.

Advice to Management

Make sure that middle management is just with the lower management and visa-versa.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great experience, I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Capital Budget Analyst
    Former Employee - Capital Budget Analyst

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given that I was in an African affiliate I had access to all senior managers and it help me understand the culture of the company.My direct manager had a great knowledge and was always willing to share it with everybody.

Cons

Very conservative and procedure oriented. Sometimes it felt as if I was boxed in. The promotion and ranking system never worked for me as I felt it was very opaque. Most promotions or new assignments had to offered by the managers and there is not a way to be proactive about finding roles that interest you.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to listen more to younger employees because many of them left because they did feel cared about.

Dilbert Personified

Former Employee - Dedicated Customer Professional in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Dedicated Customer Professional in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reliable paycheck, job security, safe environment, relatively nice perks offered here and there make life a bit more bearable. Met some very competent people.

Cons

Management track seems to be for those with highest political ambitions without necessarily any soft skills with their subordinates. Easy to burn-out. Gigantic bureaucracy. Sure, salary is "higher" than average for the area but still extremely low, generally speaking. In essence, the quality and quantity of work expected from employees in relation to the remuneration is laughable, at best.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and look to try to keep quality employees before they jump ship. Stop with the frequent cross-functional transfers which causes never-ending cycles of new and/or incompetent employees.