ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

Best way to spend a summer

Research Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIndustry leader: In spite of being a corporation with revenues larger than the GDP of Canada, XOM is very flexible and it is possible for decisions to get made really quickly.
Research Independence: Research engineers are very independent. They get to decide what project they work on, how to take it forward and get to pitch it to the folks who decide to give money. Even the interns get a lot of flexibility.

ConsIt is a very large corporation with diverse functions so it can feel like a spoke-in-the-wheel. There are a lot of people who have no idea how other parts of the company work.

A company that believes in treating their employees fairly and encourages work-life balance.

Training Advisor (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: They believe in their people and offer a wide variety… Cons: This company is very aware of legal policies and at times is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stellar financial performance but largely at the expense of a majority of its employees

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Mostly sound Management Systems Safety Culture Global Opportunities Driven and talented work force Stable… Cons: A bad evaluation early in one's career follows one throughout and very difficult, if not impossible to shake. Performance Evaluation (a.k.a. rank system) is designed to… Advice to Senior Management: Company is loosing a lot of good people who end up succeeding at other cultures or companies. Warrants taking a closer look why this is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!