ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
  www.exxonmobil.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Large bureaucracy, no room for any creativity

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

The compensation is decent. That's about it.

Cons

Does not inspire any creativity, huge bureaucracy, no fairness to the ranking system. "Performance Review" will be based on how much you kiss up to your boss.

Change outdated HR policies.

714 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

I like my job.

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Exxon is a great company to work for in terms of available experiances. They have operations worldwide and in most cases, you get to go to the location you work on. I also feel like my work is meaningful. I get to directly track how it affects the bottom line.

Cons

The downside of exxon is their annual employee assesment process. They rank all of their employees and assign you to a bucket (middle, low or upper). While this is a benfit in my mind because it give direct feedback on your performance, the process acts like more of black box because you are unaware of who the individuals are that are number 1 and what they do differtent to get there. I feel like a lot of politics play in to it at some point.

Keep on keeping on. They generally do a pretty good job and are approachable in my opinion.

Rock solid corporation. Opportunities are limitless.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

I haven't worked in the industry long, but the pay is great compared to where I've worked in the past. The benefits and retirement package are top notch. Plenty of opportunities exist for promotion if you are hard working, professional and have the people skills to interact with others.

Cons

Your workload will be high, and you'll be expected to put in long hours. A lot of the engineers lack social skills. Not the most exciting crowd to work around.

The corporation needs to job post. Under the current system, your supervisor is your sole gateway to managing and developing your career. The whole process is very clandestine.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil