ExxonMobil

Great Compensation and Opportunities

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

The compensation is great. My salary has grew 33% in 18 months with the company and continues to be trending upward, even in the current economic downturn. The work is challenging and the opportunities are amazing. I mentioned I like to travel and they have sent me all over the world. I have been to 5 different countries since I have started and seem to find more and more reasons to travel. Working on world class projects that you can read about in the papers gives me a sense of accomplishment. The people I work with are very intelligent which makes the my day and work week more enjoyable.

Cons

The politics can be overwhelming but if you can play the game it can help your career.

Continue to remember John D. Rockefellers principles of running a business.

713 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

Good stable jobs

Current Employee - Engineering Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Exxon jobs are very stable. If you do well, there are lot's of opportunities for you to develop both technically and if you so desire, from the management perspective.

Cons

If you are an average performer, and this, in Exxon's mind is essentially 33% of the population (33% is below average, the remainder top), then you should be satisfied just doing what you're doing, and your salary will still be very good. If you want to make the really big bucks, and you're average, it's not going to happen. Perhaps, if you live in a low cost area, such as Houston or Baton Rouge, the average salary is going to take you very far, but in the DC area, this is not the case.

Keep doing a good job!

Young engineer with mixed feelings

Current Employee - Engineer in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Pay of course.
    The name means something; means you are successful. (But thats it)

Cons

Lacks Diversity Big Time (not just color, personality and just flat out differences)
    Very cold environment and not people friendly.
    Has few support networks for minorities and younger people; most of which are poorly organized and lacks leadership.
    Needs some re-vamp to the ranking system (I think everyone agrees to this one)
    Training - well there is none in my opinion; ur just winging it!
    Young engineers are expected to be politicians and you know what funny money is early on; I like to be the innovator so you can play monopoly in the corner by yourself.
    Realized that most people die two years after retiring (if you work at a plant like I do)...uhh not a happy thought!

Company paints a pretty picture and for good reason too...company needs a gutting!

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil