ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
  www.exxonmobil.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Okay if you don't really want a lot outta life

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilson, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilson, NC

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay: I had this job as a college student. I appreciated the unusually high pay rate at this location and I loved the fact that it was near my college.

Cons

Takes multitasking to a whole different level. I personally can handle multitasking but do my absolute best work on a one-track level. Dealing with the public and having many tasks to complete is enough to drive the sanest person crazy.

More workers

713 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

Very high pay but be a drone

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Baytown, TX

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is best in industry typically 10-15% over Hayes study. Very stable company with freebies over meetings like cokes and snacks. Excellent safety record - best in industry.

Cons

You will have every mistake you made and might have made persecuted endlessly. Don't think for yourself here you will be very disappointed. The most conformist culture and "nice guy" cutthroat backstabbers who "like you" but would never defend you. Do not stand out.

You might want to relax a little. Apple beat you in market cap not just because you are commodity and they are niche. There approach with their employees and public is like a normal human being and not a robot. You don't have to put a foot to a guy's throat to get work done. Niceness goes a long way and my god maybe even a compliment once in a while wouldn't hurt. Your company isn't the military so don't pretend it is. The company's success is not due to its environment of strict "tow the line" cog in a wheel but in spite of it.

Run from this company if you have a brain and want to contribute by thinking outside the box.

Former Employee - Operator in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Operator in Mobile, AL

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, and the name ExxonMobil as your employer.

Cons

Exxon is being left behind by its rivals because they stifle their people internally. Extremely process driven and too complicated for simple work tasks. If you are not the golden boy get out before you invest too much time here. Good ole boy network is in high gear and going strong. They are not better than there rivals anymore and too caught up in the ExxonMobil machine to realize it.

New people are treated like crap...no trust, poor on-boarding, and everyone is too busy to help new employees. Good luck if you don't change.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil