ExxonMobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

the travel is exciting and the money is great

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe travel is adventurous. The time-off is great. The money is good and will get better as I become more experienced.

ConsHave to remember about 20 different passwords for various systems. When we do have to go into the office everybody is very busy and can only offer you a very limited amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You run an organization that rewards performance with cold hard cash and that's what we like.

Seductive with employees, but may be frustrating for some

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Curitiba (Brazil)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Plenty of career oppotunities within different areas of expertise, you can always get there (if you know the right people and they like you). Financial solidness… Cons: Old, paternalistic culture Outdated technologies (be prepared call MS Access and Excel as "systems") Bureaucracy "We have all the money and infrastructure you need, it's all beautiful, so… Advice to Senior Management: Value more people that work hard, recognize them SD process is beautifully pictured on the slides, but when it comes to reality, friendship with leaders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A Good place to start one's career

Compensation Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bangkok (Thailand)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros: Good work and life balance and many opportunities and open doors for you if you show that you are truly interested to grow and be… Cons: Takes time to get promoted as many employees in the lower levels fighting for positions in the next level. Also, you are more or less… Advice to Senior Management: Take time to get to know everyone beyond their work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ExxonMobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ExxonMobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by ExxonMobil employees.