ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
  www.exxonmobil.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

The Company is great. The people are better. I had some of the most considerate bosses.

Former Employee - Intern, Exxon Mobil IT in Lagos (Nigeria)
Former Employee - Intern, Exxon Mobil IT in Lagos (Nigeria)

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company has a nice environment. Safety is taken really seriously and so incidents are rare. Security is superb. The company provides transport and lunch. Great place to work.

Cons

Some workers filed a suit against the company.

714 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

big company. tts about all.

Cons

hard to get back as fresh hire. Interns are at disadvantage during the hire process as ex-intern cannot be interviewed.

get less intern or more fresh hire.

The company offers excellent stability, however, I did not find the work and atmosphere not very exciting.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Brussels (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary, insurance and pension. The work guidelines are clear, international colleagues, and good exposure to senior management from the start (in a "BAR" / "BAP") position.

Cons

Repetitive work, limited moving opportunities, no internal job market (superiors decide on job moves, and you say "yes"), uninspiring atmosphere. One major con is the fact that before starting, the job was very well promoted during interviews, however, little was explained about the actual work. I.e. in the "BAR" / "BAP" jobs, everybody works on a fixed monthly schedule, closing monthly books; thus the job is close to accounting and requires much research of bookings in SAP. Also, before staring you should ask if you will be a 'business' or 'controllers' resource; it will determine the direction of your long-term career. Switching is possible, however, very uncommon.

At my department, many people were not very satisfied with their job, although the pay is good. Getting more 'positive motivation' from supervisors, more job freedom and challenges may help.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil