There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

The Company is great. The people are better. I had some of the most considerate bosses.

Former Intern - Intern, Exxon Mobil IT in Lagos (Nigeria)
Former Intern - Intern, Exxon Mobil IT in Lagos (Nigeria)

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a nice environment. Safety is taken really seriously and so incidents are rare. Security is superb. The company provides transport and lunch. Great place to work.

Cons

Some workers filed a suit against the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Intern

Former Intern - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Intern - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

big company. tts about all.

Cons

hard to get back as fresh hire. Interns are at disadvantage during the hire process as ex-intern cannot be interviewed.

Advice to Management

get less intern or more fresh hire.

2. The company offers excellent stability, however, I did not find the work and atmosphere not very exciting.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Brussels (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, insurance and pension. The work guidelines are clear, international colleagues, and good exposure to senior management from the start (in a "BAR" / "BAP") position.

Cons

Repetitive work, limited moving opportunities, no internal job market (superiors decide on job moves, and you say "yes"), uninspiring atmosphere. One major con is the fact that before starting, the job was very well promoted during interviews, however, little was explained about the actual work. I.e. in the "BAR" / "BAP" jobs, everybody works on a fixed monthly schedule, closing monthly books; thus the job is close to accounting and requires much research of bookings in SAP. Also, before staring you should ask if you will be a 'business' or 'controllers' resource; it will determine the direction of your long-term career. Switching is possible, however, very uncommon.

Advice to Management

At my department, many people were not very satisfied with their job, although the pay is good. Getting more 'positive motivation' from supervisors, more job freedom and challenges may help.