ExxonMobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

ExxonMobil Global Services Company, Controllers Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

ProsFast paced culture, friendly on the outside. A very large and stable organization with a global presence.

ConsTraining is dependent on where you are, some in Fairfax still believe that they are working for Mobil and will dispell any direction from the Houston counterpart. Training recieved was one of two forms, a verbal dissertation lasting 20 minutes or more, without the ability to take notes, covering multiple key strokes one could never possibly remember OR a quick "Here is the report I prepare" now check this box saying you were trained. Overall, a very discombobulated group with some stars, some helfpu and some NOT. From the inside, it'd be hard to tell that this organization is making any money with their relentless pursuit of headcount reduction.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd recommend training and reports be standardized-and done from Houston as much as possible. Too much of the old Mobil culture and at times "good ole boys" network may prevent hard working new employees to succeed in this location. This is particularly true if the person who has been assigned to "train" you, on the countless nuances of her/his reports; is too busy to give you enough information to do your job. you'll check off all the boxes saying that everything was "taught" to you when in effect it was dumped on you. Spend enough time in this situation and the CYA process will start and end in your dismissal.

Great place for the right person.

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: ExxonMobil presents a challenging work environment that rewards hard work and a job well… Cons: As with many companies, there is strong pressure to perform and a daunting… Advice to Senior Management: Overall, I feel the senior leadership is doing a fantastic job. ExxonMobil… More

Fair

Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Lots of opportunities, I've learned a ton, sometimes you have… Cons: Too many people, sometimes I feel like I'm part of a… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on the people at the company instead of on the bottom… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ExxonMobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ExxonMobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by ExxonMobil employees.