ExxonMobil Global Services Company, Controllers Group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Fast paced culture, friendly on the outside. A very large and stable organization with a global presence.

Cons

Training is dependent on where you are, some in Fairfax still believe that they are working for Mobil and will dispell any direction from the Houston counterpart. Training recieved was one of two forms, a verbal dissertation lasting 20 minutes or more, without the ability to take notes, covering multiple key strokes one could never possibly remember OR a quick "Here is the report I prepare" now check this box saying you were trained. Overall, a very discombobulated group with some stars, some helfpu and some NOT. From the inside, it'd be hard to tell that this organization is making any money with their relentless pursuit of headcount reduction.

I'd recommend training and reports be standardized-and done from Houston as much as possible. Too much of the old Mobil culture and at times "good ole boys" network may prevent hard working new employees to succeed in this location. This is particularly true if the person who has been assigned to "train" you, on the countless nuances of her/his reports; is too busy to give you enough information to do your job. you'll check off all the boxes saying that everything was "taught" to you when in effect it was dumped on you. Spend enough time in this situation and the CYA process will start and end in your dismissal.

Other Reviews for ExxonMobil

Great place for the right person.

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

ExxonMobil presents a challenging work environment that rewards hard work and a job well done. Those who are strong self starters have the best chance to succeed.

Cons

As with many companies, there is strong pressure to perform and a daunting work load. It can be difficult to balance work and life outside of work.

Overall, I feel the senior leadership is doing a fantastic job. ExxonMobil is a slow moving company, but it is a world leader for a reason.

Fair

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Lots of opportunities, I've learned a ton, sometimes you have to offer your assistance to get the good projects, however.

Cons

Too many people, sometimes I feel like I'm part of a zoo, several colleagues have been there for 10 years and not advanced.

Focus more on the people at the company instead of on the bottom line. Employee retention is high, but it could be a lot better.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!