There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Not at all what I expected it would be.

Current Employee - Field Sales
Current Employee - Field Sales

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, compensation, job stability, in order to post this I must write 20 words, so I am adding this sentence so the fix errors will disappear and this will post.

Cons

Horrible ranking system for job performance, completely up to your one and only supervisor, who supposedly fights for a bucket of money between your peers....no cost of living adjustments, no bonuses in sales ( at least that's what we are told), under the table gift cards for superior performance, completely unfair company where knowledge and education mean nothing compared to personal relationships in company. Completely obsessed with safety protocols, but drinking and driving from company functions is AOkay! In fact, participating in the drunk arounds is surely to get you a better job ranking. If you do not partake in the extra curricular activities you are doomed.

Advice to Management

Tell your Board of Directors to get new management, that's my advice.

Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil

Decent Company

Current Employee - Procurement Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Procurement Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary, secure job, high degree of international exposure/travel.

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement, little incentive pay, Procurement is not a highly valued element of the company.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for advancement and movement to other parts of the business.

2. I was a store manager at a franchise ( Ridgeway petroleum) based Exxon for 5 years

Former Employee - General Manager in Munster, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Munster, IN

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good paying job without a college degree

Cons

working all holidays no matter what, working several hours a week, no bonuses, no benefits

Advice to Management

My advice to the owners of the specific Exxon franchise I worked for would be to respect your employees. They are working their butts off for you for way less than what they are worth. Also do not advance people into positions they are not ready for so fast and, maybe you would not have such a high turnover rate!