No surprises. What you expect is what you get from a large company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stability in income. Great benefits. Good group of people to work with, mostly nice people. Risk averse, lot of layers of management makes sure that the project that is eventually done is a project that is worth doing.

Cons

Large company that moves slowly. Lot of layers of management. Few people working and lot of people taking credit for their work. Painful to get projects done.

Cut the fat in middle management. Senior management has some really good ideas that if implemented would make this company even greater. The ideas eerily resemble what the working class level people want to do and think is great. However, the middle management acts as a shock absorber leaving it difficult for any change to happen.

Other Reviews for ExxonMobil

Impressive company to work for

Former Employee - Core Process Control Intern  in  Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Core Process Control Intern in Baytown, TX

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company offers great pay and benefits. They also have a strong commitment to excellence and safety. A career at ExxonMobil offers the potential for lots of travel and career development. Expect to be challenged intellectually and learn on a daily basis. Also, everyone I have had the pleasure of working with is very outgoing and I didnt work with anyone I didn't like.

Cons

The downside of working at ExxonMobil is they tend to hire overachievers. This can be a good thing, but not when you desire a strong work/life balance.

Brief but valuable experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good experience. Nice people. Good for a resume. Well run company. Solid employee benefits. Overall an enjoyable and valuable experience

Cons

Tough to manage work and home life although that could be said of any job. Not a very challenging job although this could also be listed as a pro for some people.

Keep up the good work

ExxonMobil Response

May 20, 2014Recruiting Consultant

Thanks for the feedback. We work hard to ensure that our benefits remain top-notch.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!