ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

No surprises. What you expect is what you get from a large company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStability in income. Great benefits. Good group of people to work with, mostly nice people. Risk averse, lot of layers of management makes sure that the project that is eventually done is a project that is worth doing.

ConsLarge company that moves slowly. Lot of layers of management. Few people working and lot of people taking credit for their work. Painful to get projects done.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat in middle management. Senior management has some really good ideas that if implemented would make this company even greater. The ideas eerily resemble what the working class level people want to do and think is great. However, the middle management acts as a shock absorber leaving it difficult for any change to happen.

Good company if you're comfortable with office politics.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay and benefits. Freedom to work when/where you want, as… Cons: Much of the management are just promoted lead engineers, with poor leadership and people skills. Success as deemed by the company requires more than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ranking & Rating

Information Technology (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I've been gainfully employed for the last 24 years without being laid off, so it shows to be a very stable company. In… Cons: If you're not at the MPT Level, you won't get many projects assigned to you. If you're at the OCA level, you… Advice to Senior Management: Look for talent at the OCA level and put a plan in place to get those folks to the MPT level. A real plan!!! OCA… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!