There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Good company, great benefits

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at ExxonMobil as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancements within departments. Good health and 401k benefits. Advisors were personable, yet professional

Cons

Shift changes for lower workers

reviews filtered by

Buy & Go was horrible

Former Employee - Cashier in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Wilmington, NC

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am really sorry but I can not think of any reason to work here, unless you are a man. I have never been treated the way I was treated when I worked for Buy & Go. It was a very sexist and biased place to work at, and I do not recommended it for any female.

Cons

I worked with an elderly gentleman who hasseled me to nnot o end. He propsentioned me for sex once he found out I was a single mother. I had to change my number multiple times. Management would not take a formal complaint nor would they schedule me on a different shift from him. I ended up walking out of the job without giving two weeks notice because I could not deal with him any longer.

Treat women as equels.

Good pay, Biased Ranking/Career Path based mostly on perceptions

Current Employee - Advisor in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Advisor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

People usually start straight out of college and have their entire careers here. The environment is fosters blind loyalty and those who are not aware believe that this culture is the only one that exists. That is fine, unless you disagree with management... Perceptions weigh very heavily here, more so than at other companies.

The claim is that the company is so large that there is ample opportunity to move around to different positions within the different companies. This is not true. Your career is at the mercy of your manager and how he/she "defends" you during the ranking session. The extremely competitive ranking session is partially based on actual business results and unfortunately, a good amount is based on perceptions.

Pay is good, but they expect you to work on your evenings and weekends too. A true life/work balance is very difficult to achieve here.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil