Benefits and sacrifices

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Budapest (Hungary)
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

-truly global environment
-ability to travel
-ability to learn and understand different cultures in work
-carrier development opportunities towards mgmt positions
-good compensation package, paid overtime hours

If you are a starter, with little or no work experience, with lower educational background, but interested in moving up the ladder, energetic in social settings, "politically correct", then this company is for you.

Cons

-disappointing overall level of professional IT knowledge (many IT analysts doesnt even have an IT degree!!)
-little or no opportunities for professional development
-low employee morale at the bottom level (lots of starters)
-open office is noisy in certain countries
-all new employees are treated as starters

If you are a trained professional, with many years of work experience at different organizations, have a strong educational background, prefer to act rather than talk, strive on proffessional development, then this company is not for you.

Forget moving all jobs in-house from contractors and third parties. Keeping the most professional staff is not a strength of your organization.

Other Reviews for ExxonMobil

not bad

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

employee benefits are excellent and stability

Cons

if you do good you stay in position forever....if you do bad you move around positions...if you play the game well you move up the ladder

be fair....some mgmt is good and fair and some are not

Big Oil, Big Profits..........Don't expect a piece of it.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

The only real positive is stability of the company due to its size. If you are interested in international work the opportunities certainly exist.

Cons

The company uses the Exxon name as a selling point that they assume carries some weight when their pay and benefits do not measure up to industry standard. Coming from an independent O&G producer recently bought by Exxon, we used to make fun of them because we operated better, faster & cheaper. We worked hard because we achieved results without political red tape and were paid accordingly in addition to great benefits.

If you expect to operate like an independent then follow independent industry pay and benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!