ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

Interesting for the assistant who takes an interest in the work; like anywhere, good and bad managers.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent benefits; varied and interesting people from all over the world. Our current chairman is one of the best moves we've made, and it seems we have good management working forward for the future.

ConsRanking system is one of the worst methods I've seen; concern that it is manipulated and very dependent on whether or not you work for the right manager. Not certain the the best are being culled from the younger folks for advacement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWsh management would recognize that administrative professionals do take their positions seriously and find it offensive that management seems to think "anyone" can do the job. This has led to moving some employees into the position where they perform poorly and make it difficult for others, both us and other employees.

Demoralizing

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Decent pay, 401k match, Opportunities are there but you need to… Cons: NO bonuses Pigeonholed quickly - fast riser or slow mover Bureaucracy No input into personnel… Advice to Senior Management: Please listen to people. Stale midlevel management (my manager had… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of talk, little action.

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Focus on safety. Very process driven. Many controls. Training is encouraged and supported. Small work groups. Many opportunities to work on global teams and make… Cons: The technology is there, we just can't use all of it. The technology in use today is what other companies were using 8-10 years ago.… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open to change. Don't be afraid to use the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!