Eye Care Centers of America
www.ecca.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Old Boys Network

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

ProsFor an Old boys network of vp's, the company was extremely progressive with women. I was told by the company president upon recieving my offer "don't think you can just get by around here with your pretty face". Although taken aback a bit, I honestly felt that my VP had my best interests at heart. All of the Vice presidents (there are quite a few) had all worked together at one point - coming from Curcuit City. Even my head hunter had done the same.

ConsThe salary for Eye Doctors was excessively low, and in much smaller towns was extremely difficult to bring doctors on. There were offices that ran for years without eye doctors! There was supposedly a head hunter available, but he never followed up on what he said he would do. Again, one of the Circuit City boys.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the people you place to assist the field are truly doing their job. Just because they were your golden boy at a former job does not make them efficient.

Great people at the unit level working for a totally lost corporate and mid level managers

Third Key (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: On the job training. No experience necessary to start… Cons: the "Sales Culture".It is going to ruin the company too much focus on having… Advice to Senior Management: Need to do a better job at Strategic Management. Determining core competencies and strategically positioning ourselves. Clear pricing that matches our marketing position with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Now hiring

Eyewear Specialist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: Vision insurance given to all employees within the first week of hire. Good beginner's experience in a… Cons: Management lacks direction and decision making. Customers can be hard… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a management team with experience in optics and sales.… More
There are newer reviews on Eye Care Centers of America.

Worked for Eye Care Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eye Care Centers of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eye Care Centers of America CEO David L. Holmberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Eye Care Centers of America employees.