Eye Care Centers of America
www.ecca.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Disappointing, thank-less career choice with Sr. Operations and Field executives making bad decisions and scare tactics.

Territory Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Eye Care Centers of America

ProsMet a lot of great associates during a long tenure with what was a great company. So many trying to do the right thing but now go un-noticed by executives.

ConsExecutives choose sub par leadership team who will toss each and every person under the bus before ever admitting fault of their own. Massive VOLUNTARY turn-over at field level due to upper management bullying not only at Regional level but above. A HR dept. that has only THEIR job security in mind when handing down decisions or backing of associates. There are very few "happy" DM's and that is usually because at the time asked, they are part of the chosen few.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr Holmberg, you should really take a long hard look at the team that is in place--the team leading an organization you have worked very hard to make successful. Your directors and store teams live in fear of their Regionals and Sr VP. You had a great thing going until executives were brought in and the direction changed to "fear" management. I"m sure that was not your intention.

Rewarding

Eyewear Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: Commission is good to have Cons: Over priced products may hurt conscience Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

UGH!

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: The ability to interact with different individuals that come from… Cons: The unrealistic expectations asked of the employees by Corporate. The Open Door Policy is a joke at this company. If someone goes to their supervisor… Advice to Senior Management: I wish the suits would spend time in the stores around the country, not just where their offices are located. In particular spend… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Eye Care Centers of America.

Worked for Eye Care Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eye Care Centers of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eye Care Centers of America CEO David L. Holmberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Eye Care Centers of America employees.