Eye Care Centers of America

www.ecca.com

...It was a job

Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLots of new experiences; different personalities mean that although you'll repeat the same process, you'll never repeat the same DAY, if that makes any sense. Consulting with many different kinds of people, diverse products that allow you to meet needs and wants at the same time, and quite easily. Good commissions.

ConsNEVER get a weekend off. I repeat, you NEVER get a weekend off. In your interview however, they will say that you will get every other weekend off. It's almost impossible to get a day off, only to get to work on the day you requested to find that a coworker called in 5 minutes before their shift. Favoritism; suck-ups get promoted whether they're equipped for the job or not, and if they favor you over another employee, they will let bothersome employees leave early and require you to stay late. Five minutes before the end of EVERY shift, you will hear this infamous question: "Do you think you can stay a little late?" If you say "No", you will be mistreated for days thereafter for opting to work your scheduled hours instead of working someone else's. Sales quotas aren't necessarily hard to meet for a full time employee, however the amount of time they're repeated to you and intimidation tactics create unnecessary stress for employees. Coworkers will let you go through the entire process of consulting with a customer, telling them about upsells and convincing them to get them, and creating trust - and then steal that customer the moment you leave the floor. Zero scheduling flexibility, even if you have a disability of some sort, like a transportation issue or a public transit situation that could impact your safety (ie. needing to clock out before dark to make your commute, or at least to clock out before 11PM :-|) Needs a technology upgrade.

Your experience at Eyemasters depends ENTIRELY on the manager that you have.

I lovingly referred to this job as "The Eyewear Sweatshop"

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't require more of a good employee in order to accept less from a bad employee. Streamline expectations. Encourage employees rather than intimidate them.

Ok

General Manager/Licensed Optician (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: Company gives great tools and skills that can be taken… Cons: Company focuses on kpi as reasons for advancement, however best… More

A very time consuming rollercoaster of changes and retraining on new initiatives.

General Manager/Licensed Optician (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Eye Care Centers of America

Pros: The the medical benefits and base pay are are excellent for Licenses. I personally have an… Cons: Not enough hours/Employees given to free up enough time to properly train/coach/manage. Too many hours necessary to work to properly manage a… Advice to Senior Management: I highly respect the management for my territory and I am excited about the direction the company is taking. My only advice would be:… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eye Care Centers of America.

Worked for Eye Care Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!