Eyemart Express
eyemartexpress.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

The money is good-but I felt stressed and under appreciated

Retail Associate (Former Employee)

ProsHigh Commissions are easy to attain. Family friendly company and many stores are closed on Sunday. I enjoyed almost everybody I worked with. Fantastic machinery and store maintenance-the sore is very well kept in appearance. Loved my GM.

ConsA very busy store means you won't get breaks, have to take lunch late, or have a short lunch.

I was written up on multiple occasions because A customer required much more of my time than normal and another customer wrote in to the company and complained that I took too long. I was trying to prevent a "return" which we don't do. One particular customer needed to go back to her eye doc for an Rx re-check she had a hard time understand why. Even my regional manager complained about me taking too long with a similar situation then ignored my GOOD reasons why.

Custom eye wear is not returnable-you spend long hours talking people out of wanting their $$ back, even if you can solve optical & fashion issues with them.

Although I was complimented on a daily basis by customers to management... I was denied a raise due to customers complaining that I couldn't help them fast enough. Not enough employees cross-trained to help on the sales floor when we desperately needed it.

Very little recognition from senior management on being extremely consistent in high sales and customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering an EXTREMELY short window in writing, on their signed receipt, stating they can make changes or exchanges by a certain date printed would release so much tension and pressure on your staff and management. This will help the awkward conversations that we hate having with people about returns during the purchasing process.

Offering a 2nd free pair won't solve every one's issues-especially if they demand money back right away. I'm suggesting home office send something special and unexpected to the customers who seem to have a dark cloud following their every move...(special order messed up and delayed several times) this will help their loyalty to buy with you. GM'S only should be able to request an "we are so sorry" gift to be sent.

Use your mandatory Saturday meetings as teaching & training time-our store had no time to train due high volumes of people in the store and "downtime" meant clean clean clean.

Many lab associates fought helping (dispense and repair) on the retail floor-including the lab manager. The retail floor has no control over who walks in the door but the lab CAN control when they are promising jobs, and many people are generous with their time and aren't planning to be back in 1hour.

OK but worked too hard for pay.

Retail Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros: Interaction with customers was nice met a lot of nice… Cons: Schedule. Having to deal with working understaffed More

horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros: it is a job and that is about it Cons: management is concerned about one thing only - making money for the owner employees are… Advice to Senior Management: remove all of senior management and pray the company goes public… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eyemart Express.

Worked for Eyemart Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eyemart Express reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Eyemart Express employees.