Eyemart Express

www.eyemartexpress.com
  www.eyemartexpress.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eyemart Express

The money is good-but I felt stressed and under appreciated

Former Employee - Retail Associate
Former Employee - Retail Associate

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

High Commissions are easy to attain. Family friendly company and many stores are closed on Sunday. I enjoyed almost everybody I worked with. Fantastic machinery and store maintenance-the sore is very well kept in appearance. Loved my GM.

Cons

A very busy store means you won't get breaks, have to take lunch late, or have a short lunch.

I was written up on multiple occasions because A customer required much more of my time than normal and another customer wrote in to the company and complained that I took too long. I was trying to prevent a "return" which we don't do. One particular customer needed to go back to her eye doc for an Rx re-check she had a hard time understand why. Even my regional manager complained about me taking too long with a similar situation then ignored my GOOD reasons why.

Custom eye wear is not returnable-you spend long hours talking people out of wanting their $$ back, even if you can solve optical & fashion issues with them.

Although I was complimented on a daily basis by customers to management... I was denied a raise due to customers complaining that I couldn't help them fast enough. Not enough employees cross-trained to help on the sales floor when we desperately needed it.

Very little recognition from senior management on being extremely consistent in high sales and customer service.

Offering an EXTREMELY short window in writing, on their signed receipt, stating they can make changes or exchanges by a certain date printed would release so much tension and pressure on your staff and management. This will help the awkward conversations that we hate having with people about returns during the purchasing process.

Offering a 2nd free pair won't solve every one's issues-especially if they demand money back right away. I'm suggesting home office send something special and unexpected to the customers who seem to have a dark cloud following their every move...(special order messed up and delayed several times) this will help their loyalty to buy with you. GM'S only should be able to request an "we are so sorry" gift to be sent.

Use your mandatory Saturday meetings as teaching & training time-our store had no time to train due high volumes of people in the store and "downtime" meant clean clean clean.

Many lab associates fought helping (dispense and repair) on the retail floor-including the lab manager. The retail floor has no control over who walks in the door but the lab CAN control when they are promising jobs, and many people are generous with their time and aren't planning to be back in 1hour.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Eyemart Express (View Most Recent)

OK but worked too hard for pay.

Current Employee - Retail Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Associate

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

Interaction with customers was nice met a lot of nice patients

Cons

Schedule. Having to deal with working understaffed

horrible

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

it is a job and that is about it

Cons

management is concerned about one thing only - making money for the owner
    employees are just a vehicle to do so
    the company is run through deceit and bait and switch

remove all of senior management and pray the company goes public and leaves the overwhelming control of the owner in order to grow

There are newer employer reviews for Eyemart Express