Eyemart Express

head of lab

Current Employee - Lab Manager
Current Employee - Lab Manager

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

always busy and a steady paycheck. the pressure of a big corporation is not there as much as other bigger companies or even doctor owned businesses.

Cons

It is always busy and the clients are not the smartest in the world. not as high tech with selling of glasses.

adding smaller management roles that are important like lead techs with keys and lead sales tech with keys and codes. reward hard workers with certified roles and extra incentives to want success

39 Other Employee Reviews for Eyemart Express (View Most Recent)

I love Eyemart!

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

Love what I do! The store I work for is high volume and it can get extremely busy and chaotic quickly. The manager is caring and will work with you on your schedule and pushes you to do the best you can. Eyemart will reward you with gift cards and paid vacation for exceptional work and it is extremely easy to make commission.

Cons

Been working now for about a year and half and am one of the top sales people and have still not received a raise. Price changes happen very often so constant change in learning how to price customers.

Stop changing the system and prices so often. It makes it difficult on employees. If an employee has worked for you for an extended amount of time and has proved to be a good worker make an effort to give them a raise and show them appreciation.

Clumsy and Lack of Integrity

Former Employee - General Manager in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Rockford, IL

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

I loved my co-workers and customers were very patient and forgiving during times when the store was in disarray. I was promised a good salary along with great bonuses....

Cons

When I arrived at my new store, I had been given one week training and dropped into a "war zone". It was obvious that upper management had not been focused on this store in awhile. 90% of the staff had left. The burned out lab manager had stopped working and customers were irate. After 9 months, I had restaffed and got the store back into the top 5 of the region. Very little upper management interactions until the subleased Doctor began harassing myself and staff. After using their "door policy", I was fired with in 3 months. They do not care about disfunction at the store level.

Listen to your front line managers and retrain your regional managers on harassment and using the open door policy should be a protected, not used as retribution.

There are newer employer reviews for Eyemart Express