There are newer employer reviews for Eyemart Express

Promises, promises

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

I got to use my optical education to help customers see. That is something I am passionate about doing.

Cons

Lied to during the interview...too many promises that were not kept. Virtually non-existent benefits (health insurance). Working non-stop without a break/lunch on many days. The store was packed with customers but only two retail people were working...customers were irritated. Scared of being dismissed (because of firings of numerous employees before me). Lousy pay, benefits, and compensation. Not supported by upper management. Lack of training/discipline.

Invest in good people...don't be so cheap. Too many corporate managers with little know-how. Too many firings. Don't treat your employees like they are expendable. Train them better. Try using a discipline system before just firing someone...if you saw something in a person that made you hire them encourage use of the trait. Policies need to be available for customers to read somewhere.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Eyemart Express (View Most Recent)

don't be fooled.

Current Employee - Lab Tech
    Current Employee - Lab Tech

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

Cheap benefits thats is about it

Cons

Was lied to in my interview as well as all the other lab techs. Ok in the interview if you are interviewing for a lab tech position they explain that you and the retail sales make the same. NOT true. You see you incentives are Split by the number of plp that work there my store is split nine ways. In the Interview they tell you you get the total avg of what a Retail sales person makes as far as incentive. that is a total lie You avg about 60 bucks every two weeks for a 20k a week store, retail avg 150 - 200. If you want to work at eye mart work retail sales.. one more thing they say you avg 2-3 dollars a hour but its more like max .75 retail avg 3-4

Stop screwing plp over.

head of lab

Current Employee - Lab Manager
    Current Employee - Lab Manager

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

always busy and a steady paycheck. the pressure of a big corporation is not there as much as other bigger companies or even doctor owned businesses.

Cons

It is always busy and the clients are not the smartest in the world. not as high tech with selling of glasses.

adding smaller management roles that are important like lead techs with keys and lead sales tech with keys and codes. reward hard workers with certified roles and extra incentives to want success

There are newer employer reviews for Eyemart Express

Worked for Eyemart Express? Contribute to the Community!