Eyeworks of San Mateo

Mixed feelings.

Optician (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at Eyeworks of San Mateo

ProsIf you are an optician in the Bay Area, this is one of the busiest places to work, so if you're worried about the economy and no one buying glasses, this is the spot to go. The owner/doctor is a very nice guy, as is his wife/fellow doctor.

ConsIt is a new optometric practice, so getting personal or sick time off is next to impossible - there's just no staff coverage. When I worked there, there were also zero benefits - no medical or dental, no 401K, no nothing. There is also no discussion of raises - it's like you should just be content to make your starting salary forever. During my time there, I was also the only full-time employee, and, like any primarily retail job, it got insanely busy. Very stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you seem to be doing now - have enough staff, that's the main thing. I also think you offer benefits now, so that's nice also, of course.

There are newer reviews on Eyeworks of San Mateo.

Worked for Eyeworks of San Mateo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eyeworks of San Mateo reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Eyeworks of San Mateo employees.