Eze Software

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e.g. charity events, Halloween party for kids, etc..
the company cares about employees getting trained.
People get recognized for their hard work and achievements.

Cons

Lots of pressure to release products.
Feels like deja vu all over again for each patch release. An aggressive date will be set and due to the nature of the software development life cycle and emphasis on quality, bugs will be found and will push the release dates.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Eze Software (View Most Recent)

Pleasant workplace

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Virtually I'm happy with everything other than the few points listed in cons. The culture is great. People love each other. No politics issues whatsoever. I rarely work over time. Managers respect my work and provide me the best career opportunity as they can. Generally I will evaluate my work in Eze as busy yet never overwhelmed, and interesting as well. I'm a junior developer, and I think it's a great place to learn software development and financial industry technologies.

Cons

Subpar salary. My overall pretax salary (base + bonus) is around 80k. A same title in CRD can get 5k more and in Bloomberg 10k more. Some of my friends working also as developer in .COM companies or pharmaceutical and biotech get higher paid than me too.

Vacation days: 15 no-rollover vacation days per year(sick day not included) for employees less than 5 years. You also get public holidays same as NYSE's holiday calendar, but those are fixed which means you can't swap them.

Good place to get experience for recent Grad.

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many of the employees that work at the Boston office are recent college graduates. Company provides refreshment every friday afternoon and has a social hour. The company offers a range of self-improvement seminars (i.e. speech, writing, etc.) and a chance to take a variety of certification exams (i.e. Series 7 and CFA). Those taking the exams are provided with necessary materials. There are sports, community service, company improvement clubs that one can join through out the year. Overall, the company prides itself on its culture.

Cons

Managers do not directly tell employees a decision and a reason that directly affects them when they pride themselves in transparency and communication. Initial interview process indicated that a specific position was a 12 month program, which the employee could then move on to a different position. However, the 12 month was extended to 18 months and was again extended to 24 months without notifying the employees directly. Had to find out through a friend who found out from a friend who found out when he was talking to the manager outside of work.

Be more transparent about decisions that would directly affect your team and follow up with an explanation.

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software