There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software

Poor Management, Struggling Culture, No Room for Growth - It's not what it used to be....

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are/were some great people at Eze. They have good intentions and want to improve.

Cons

It is simply not a great place to work anymore. The company has grown quickly and some managers (that were probably great when they were first promoted and their teams were small) struggle to develop the growing teams that they are now managing. There is no room for growth and the leadership program (which is not much of a program at all) prepares you to become a consultant aka technical support specialist. They make a lot of false promises and target the wrong people because they want to culture to remain full of young former college athletes. They should be targeting people that are actually interested in technology and sell that aspect as opposed to promising people that they will end up in these amazing client facing roles if they can just pick up the tech aspect fast enough. There is a ton of pressure placed on employees, a lack of respect and as a result, very high turnover.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Eze Software (View Most Recent)

Dynamic Company

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Eze is a dynamic place with lots of changes. It's tough to get bored there even after years and years of employment there. The people working there are the biggest advantage. Everybody is very friendly.

Cons

The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry. If you're looking for a slow-paced work place, this is not the company for you.

Great people... for the most part.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Eze Software as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were great. Junior developers were fresh out of college/grad school, and they were good fun to work and play (football/darts/foozball) with. A lot of the more senior developers were also chill and great to work with as well. Overall good company culture and camaraderie among the rank-and-file developers.

Decent pay (for an internship).

Cons

Training and dev meetings were often lame, mostly consisting of Skyping in and listening to someone talk about a PowerPoint slideshow.

Management is hit-and-miss. There were some truly awesome managers I worked with, with lots of insight into the company and industry, and I'm going to miss them. But then there are the others...

My manager, in particular, had poor managerial skills, relying on his "all-star" team to do great work for which he took credit. He had a dictatorial management style, requiring members of his team to drop whatever they were doing to attend to whatever task he wanted. He had poor communication skills, and he spent a lot of time rambling or off-topic in meetings. He sometimes made comments that could be construed as offensive, and could neither take nor give constructive criticism well. He tried to micromanage work relationships between his employees, and he expected his employees to work well beyond a 40-hour week.

There was not a good support system to handle the problems I was having with my manager. I wish we'd had a third party (such as an HR representative or another manager) present at the office to help facilitate this matter. Perhaps things would have been resolved better at the Boston HQ.

Take a sharp look at the practices of low-level managers. They might well be driving away good talent with bad management.

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software