Eze Software

www.ezesoft.com

QA a department defined by fear and negativity

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood benefits, great coworkers, nice facilities

ConsSome people have written novellas on here with remarkable clarity and depth about the QA position, so I will try not to regurgitate too much.

Interview process: A couple of questions I would ask in the interview process that might illuminate what the job actually is:
What is the day to day like for this position?
When I move on to a consultant what skill set of mine will you have developed?
What portion of the job requires computer science analytical abilities verse business analytical abilities?
The reality of the position from my experience is that you need about 90% computer science skills and 10% business. So be wary of this if you have business or finance aspirations.
Culture/Atmosphere:

Have you ever had a boss who says you busted your hump all week why don’t you cut out early today? Great, because you won’t at Eze. The managers following the MD’s lead have created a pseudo investment banking culture where your bottom ranking in the office hierarchy entitles you to subservient treatment. Your primary source of motivation is to avoid the ire of the managers. This sentiment is reinforced by their quarterly firing which typically happens a week or two after a new batch of recruits start because fear is the greatest motivator. There is a saying in QA “If you do something wrong you will know about it in 6 minutes, if you do something right you will know in 6 months”. I believe this culture is a product of all the managers having spent their entire professional careers at Eze allowing the fraternal hierarchy model to perpetuate so that the people who do stay in the company feel they are entitled to be difficult for the next generation ( Think seniors in a frat and freshman pledges)
My final though on the culture is their obsession with control. Your first week in QA the MD will pull you into a room and give you a speech about image and perception within the company. Basically saying if you aren’t working and acting professional at all times you will not succeed (two weeks later someone is fired so you draw your own conclusions as to what that means). He encourages you to eat at your desk and to walk briskly and with purpose to the bathroom and back. As a result everyone is afraid to leave the office before the accepted departure time of 6 or when Nemo hit this winter we weren’t allowed to leave until an hour after every other department deemed it was in safety’s best interest to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the managers go to graduate school or have some external influence

Run Away - The Job Description Might Sound Pretty, But You Will Learn the Truth the Hard Way.

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Healthcare and other benefits are generous. Free snacks and beer… Cons: You're about to graduate from a top college. Among the most intriguing companies that you see as part of your job search is a financial… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor Management, Struggling Culture, No Room for Growth - It's not what it used to be....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are/were some great people at Eze. They have good… Cons: It is simply not a great place to work anymore. The company has grown quickly and some managers (that were probably great when they were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Eze Software.

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!