There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software

Great to start...not to last

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some excellent people there to work with. Great place to learn and get started on a career

Cons

No chance for advancement. Work-life balance is a little off. Formerly a cool startup environment feel has unfortunately transformed into a corporate grind environment.

Not too much to advise I guess...

95 Other Employee Reviews for Eze Software (View Most Recent)

Great pay, but management needs to open eyes to the expanding business

Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic pay to consultants
    Good benefits
    Ability to work with major companies

Cons

No room for growth
    Small business mindset while business is growing quickly

Seriously reconsider business plan in particular to the growth of employees.

QA a department defined by fear and negativity

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers, nice facilities

Cons

Some people have written novellas on here with remarkable clarity and depth about the QA position, so I will try not to regurgitate too much.

Interview process: A couple of questions I would ask in the interview process that might illuminate what the job actually is:
    What is the day to day like for this position?
    When I move on to a consultant what skill set of mine will you have developed?
    What portion of the job requires computer science analytical abilities verse business analytical abilities?
    The reality of the position from my experience is that you need about 90% computer science skills and 10% business. So be wary of this if you have business or finance aspirations.
    Culture/Atmosphere:

Have you ever had a boss who says you busted your hump all week why don’t you cut out early today? Great, because you won’t at Eze. The managers following the MD’s lead have created a pseudo investment banking culture where your bottom ranking in the office hierarchy entitles you to subservient treatment. Your primary source of motivation is to avoid the ire of the managers. This sentiment is reinforced by their quarterly firing which typically happens a week or two after a new batch of recruits start because fear is the greatest motivator. There is a saying in QA “If you do something wrong you will know about it in 6 minutes, if you do something right you will know in 6 months”. I believe this culture is a product of all the managers having spent their entire professional careers at Eze allowing the fraternal hierarchy model to perpetuate so that the people who do stay in the company feel they are entitled to be difficult for the next generation ( Think seniors in a frat and freshman pledges)
    My final though on the culture is their obsession with control. Your first week in QA the MD will pull you into a room and give you a speech about image and perception within the company. Basically saying if you aren’t working and acting professional at all times you will not succeed (two weeks later someone is fired so you draw your own conclusions as to what that means). He encourages you to eat at your desk and to walk briskly and with purpose to the bathroom and back. As a result everyone is afraid to leave the office before the accepted departure time of 6 or when Nemo hit this winter we weren’t allowed to leave until an hour after every other department deemed it was in safety’s best interest to leave.

Make the managers go to graduate school or have some external influence

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software