Eze Software

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software

Great Company with lot of Scope to grow

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly management, flexible timings, straight forward project decisions without any behind the bush run.

Cons

Have not come across so far.. don't anticipate in future too

Great management

99 Other Employee Reviews for Eze Software (View Most Recent)

"Just OK" sums up my feelings.

Current Employee - Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fairly competitive salary, good benefits, lots on onsite perks. Good management and work culture.

Cons

Long hours and the expectation that you put in 60 hour weeks, unclear promotion/compensation scale, management is promoted largely on a tenure scale and less on leading abilities, company is so thin right now that everyone will burn out in a few years if changes aren't made.

Hire more people, stop stretching us so thin. If you expect us to give up our free time and families then compensate us for that loss.

These reviews are hilarious....

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices, (mostly) nice people who are pretty cool, good sense of general motivation, they recruit top candidates (although struggle to retain them), a top financial services company. The reviews on this site are clearly all biased and either submitted by employees who have been fired (the one star reviews) or HR (the five star glowing reviews). Eze is a little of both - yes, the recruiting process is a little misleading as this is not a "finance" job, but the name of the company should clue you into that - this is a SOFTWARE company. I'm not sure why so many people can't figure that out. There seems to be many people hired with little to no software skills which is frustrating to much of the company - it can be annoying to teach someone at a software company what a SQL database is and how that is different than C# code. If you're willing to learn the software-side of things (and software isn't incredibly hard to learn), you'll be fine. The developers are, on the whole, very talented and willing to go the extra mile. The consultants, however, are a pretty miserable folk because their job is pretty awful. The GTS and QA folk treat the office like a frat house since their jobs do not require that much skill or innovation, although some are extremely bright and talented. They probably should have looked elsewhere for a starting job. The sales folk are hilarious and great at their jobs - sales is probably the high point of Eze, even if it isn't that difficult (the OMS sells itself - most funds get it for compliance reasons AKA they HAVE to get it).

Cons

EXIT OPPORTUNITIES. For the most part, exit opportunities are limited, which is the biggest disadvantage of Eze. You spend a lot of time learning the product and less time gaining skills you can apply to other jobs. Most consultants ultimately move to an ops or systems support role at a hedge fund, which are, in the eyes of the front-office folks at these funds, "b!tch jobs." I had a unique tenure at Eze and had visibility into several divisions of the company. While the "pros" section relates mostly to development, this "cons" section is to the "business" side of the company. The consultants are, on the whole, miserable people because their job is awful. They are tech support for the software and their clients are a-holes; I've never seen people be abused like they are. The GTS and QA folk seem to be motivated to become consultants, but would be better of in product management, which is a much better job.

Overall, Eze is a 2.5 star company - it produces good products and has skilled developers and sales people (4-5 stars) and decent product management, but the rest of the company is pretty rotten (consulting, GTS, QA). I give it 2 stars since there are more people in these bad roles than there are people in good roles, so the company trends downward. I would avoid if you are on this "business" track (based on the caliber of people they hire, you can do better) but suggest if you are on the development or sales side (or PM, but I don't think they hire externally).

Hire software people for your software company.

There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software