Let's get real

Current Employee - Hard Worker
Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

These reviews are just plain silly. First off, the new CEO just started in May. How can you give him a negative rating? Is it fair to give anyone a negative rating on their performance after working somewhere for two months? Never mind a CEO role where you are in charge of the whole company, not just developing a widget. Second, the old CEO was awesome. Why not just give him props and give the new CEO a chance to do something before drawing conclusions?

Second, this company is a place that demands a lot from the people that work here. I have high expectations of myself and those on my team and other teams. I have respect for myself and pride in the work I do. I'm sure some parts of every job are less fun than others. Maybe that is why they call it a job and not a hobby or vacation. If you aren't willing to work hard, leave. Don't complain by hiding behind a glassdoor post and stay. If you think something is wrong, tell HR. That is what they are there for.

Third, this is a company, not a charity. If you want a paycheck be willing to work for it. The goal is to provide software and support to clients and get paid for doing so. Not to give people cushy 9-5 jobs where they work half the day and surf the Internet the other half.

Finally, (and I can go on and on after reading these posts) I've worked here for a while now and know this isn't the right place for everyone. That doesn't mean it's a bad place. It's just not a place that everyone wants to, is willing to or can work at the level they expect. I like the fact the day flies by because I'm super busy. Clock punchers need not apply.

Cons

Communication from the top levels to the people doing the work can be better. In this digital age people want information at the speed of light. Use twitter or the intranet page or some other instantaneous means of communication to get info out to people in realtime. We get too many emails.

Advice to Management

I very much enjoy coming to work every day and have been getting frustrated with all the silly posts about how bad some people say it is. Those people will probably complain about the next company they work for, and the next and the next. My advice is not to management but to the people reading these posts. Find out for yourself what this company is about. Don't rely only on anonymous people slinging mud from behind a keyboard. Some of these post are fair but some are just plain silly. I assume most intelligent people know this already.

To Management, keep listening to employees. Thank you for changing the work dress to casual dress. Thank you for the bonus you give each year and the 40% 401k match. As the company grows you will need to change things instead of trying to keeping them as they were. It's fine. Better than the company shrinking due to poor performance.

reviews filtered by

Nice place

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Very young and smart peoples, great cultures.
    2. Clear career path.
    3. Senior management people are listening and responding to employee opinion.
    4. New causal dressing code for non-client facing positions.
    5. Free fruit, drinks, coffee, snacks. Wednesday bagels and Friday beers.

Cons

1. Work-life balance could be better, but again, it is a financial industry.
    2. Compensation is low compares to other companies, but with decent benefits.

Advice to Management

I am currently neutral to the new CEO due to he works for only 2 months so far, some positive changes are affecting. But like others said, don't take out the good parts what previous CEO build.

2. Agree with previous reviewer

Current Employee - Software Development in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture. Smart people. Good growth as a business and for people's careers.

Cons

Long time CEO left. People are bummed. New guy seems nice but less passion and energy. Pros still win out over the cons because the company is big enough and other senior managers are still here.

Advice to Management

Same as last review. Don't take silence about CEO change as happiness about CEO change. Nobody is mad at Tom (health is health) but it's still weird with him gone.