F.H. Paschen

www.fhpaschen.com
There are newer employer reviews for F.H. Paschen

Great learning experience with many opportunities for people with motivation and a proactive attitude.

I have been working at F.H. Paschen

Pros

opportunity to move up quickly

Cons

there are very long hours

13 Other Employee Reviews for F.H. Paschen (View Most Recent)

Office Manager

Former Employee - Office Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at F.H. Paschen

Pros

First job I had in the field of Construction.
    I learned a lot at this firm. Contracts with City, Billable hours for GC as well as contractors.
    Punchlist work and closeout submittals and how it all related to the general conditions for final pay application to be approved

Cons

Not new to long work hours nor the hour work hours needed in the field - I had worked long and early hours during my time in the military. What was hard was learning the solutions to subcontractors paper work , the backup needed to attach to the GC side for Owner or Arch approval. This is a skill you learn as you go , because so many trades have different areas they are go in and need help in. I found myself doing many levels of paper work as well as notary for subs.

No advice for me.
    Just that I enjoy this field very much
    and Paschen helped me gain a high sense of confidence to navigate as each Owner and project changed.

Strong growing company with a long history in Chicago

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at F.H. Paschen as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

F.H. Paschen offers the flexibility to work on heavy civil, building, water management, or job-order contracted projects. As an intern, I was given many real-life project management responsibilities. In addition, I felt like a valued member of the team as I attended subcontractor meetings and was an active participant during internal meetings. Pashen's internship program is structured to allow interns to receive feedback from their direct managers while allowing interns to voice their comments/concerns during the process. The company is great at hosting intern outings where interns can meet each other and also network with the full-time employees. "Fridays in the Field" is also an exceptional program that allows interns to take time off of work to tour other active projects.

Cons

The training program for interns/new-hires can more intensive...A majority of Paschen's jobs are Federally funded which leads to excessive bureaucracy and very tedious policies and procedures that have to be adhered to.

There are newer employer reviews for F.H. Paschen