F5 Networks

Great atmosphere

Current Employee - Web Production  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Web Production in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with. F5 hires the best and the brightest, and most people are very proud to here. There's are really sense of team and community here. The company is strong and the executives are trustworthy. Last, the benefits are good and the perks even better.

Cons

There are some growing pains in some departments. Workload has increased dramatically, but resources haven't increased with that. Also, I think salaries for non-technical positions are not on par with the market.

Other Reviews for F5 Networks

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Wonderfully fair life/work balance
    -Great benefits
    -Fantastic salary and bonuses
    -Smart people

Cons

-Very poor leadership in middle management... loads of apathy and laziness
    -Very inconsistent treatment/policies from dept to dept and even from person to person
    -Poor release stratagies that never change and seem to be driven mostly by mgmt bonus

The new training for management is great, but let's get real, are they using these tools? I love F5, but I abhore the inconsistent treatment of departments and people and the apathetic managers who are not empowering their employees.

Networking Makes the World Go Round

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has continued to succeed while others have failed. Face it, networking makes the world go round. Overall, their is a culture of respect within the company, at least within core development. Peers respect each other, and there is definite room for growth in each group.

Cons

Development runs the company, which is great if your in development, but makes most all other positions a little less interesting. Among the companies I have worked for, and of those I have invested in, I can say those driven by development never grow to the heights of those companies that listen to all of their functional groups equally.

Just because you make money listening to development does not mean you cannot make even more money, if your willing to listen to the other groups within the company. Where's the CEO? Close to 6 years with the company, and I have spoken with the man once.

There are newer employer reviews for F5 Networks.

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!