F5 Networks

www.f5.com
  www.f5.com
There are newer employer reviews for F5 Networks

Best. Job. Ever.

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I could go on forever about the technical chops I've developed due to the never-ending assembly line of new products to learn, but what keeps me excited to be a part of team F5 is the people. From the CEO to the receptionists, everyone has a great attitude and it's a welcome change from earlier environments to work with incredibly smart yet humble and helpful coworkers. Salary/benefits are very competitive.

Cons

Only con I can think of is just the growing pains of scaling from a small to a large company.

Over-communicating as we grow and reorganize is preferable to silence.

F5 Networks Response

Aug 26, 2014Director, Employee Engagement

We have a great team that is for sure! The really good news is that we have just opened up a position for an Internal Communications Manager because we know that open and honest communication is ... More

230 Other Employee Reviews for F5 Networks (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the productive and friendly environment at F5. The level of cooperation, both intra- and inter- team, is really outstanding. While the company is growing rapidly, there is still a sense of making an impact as an individual. For many, seeing the results of the work well done helps deriving a great level of satisfaction. The compensation is competitive, the growth opportunities are plenty, the work environment is comfortable (larger working spaces, remote access, etc.) and there is a variaty of nice perks available (depending on the location). No wonder many people stick with the company for very long time.

Cons

Some growth pain does shows up, but that is a good problem to have. The products are large and complex, which may represent a significant challenge for the new employees. The flip side of this is that the company encourages the employees to stay longer; obviously, the management understands the cost of bringing the replacement up to speed...

The benefits and structure of a big company, but with the creative, employee-focused culture of a start-up!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great working environment, very collaborative and creative culture, lots of opportunity for growth and promotion within the company, both upwards and laterally, strong leadership who are very engaging and involved/reachable by employees, quarterly bonuses, competitive pay, strong focus on employee retention and employee development, many great employee rewards programs (RSUs, paid to bike to work, excellent benefits)

Cons

The new employee on-boarding process could be better. More flexibility for working from home / flexible schedules would be great. Some processes and technology haven't quite caught up with the growth of the company and we seem to just throw another body at it - though it seems there are a lot of initiatives to make improvements. Overall I love everything else about the company and culture!

Keep working on process improvement and cross-functional coordination. And more work/life balance programs would be great (4 day work week, working remotely, onsite inexpensive childcare, etc) - but overall, keep doing what you are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for F5 Networks