There are newer employer reviews for F5 Networks

Far from the worst place to work..but definitely not the best

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

F5 has reasonable compensation and benefits, and seems to understand the work/life balance. Vacation and holidays are standard for the industry and management seems to actually expect employees to take time off from work.

Cons

My overall experience with the company centers around poor communication and direction. We produce software in very rapid product cycles, which leads to serious feature cuts towards the middle of the process. Middle management is a tangled mess. Several large product groups with overlapping responsibilities. Individuals can be unknowingly working on the same feature in different groups. Leads to redundant work. Company has acquired several smaller firms over the last couple of years. Culturally never integrated well and do not have the same direction.

Advice to Management

streamline processes. eliminate redundant middle management. focus on better integrating recent acquisitions

Other Employee Reviews for F5 Networks

modern companies should have work from home options

Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

good benefits, good work environment, good perks, good learning experience

Cons

far away from home, salary is not as competitive as other similar companies

Advice to Management

I think any employee should be allowed to work from home anytime they want. We can save in commute, in gas, in time help the community and be able to have a better work balance experience.

F5 is an okay place to work - but your mileage might vary

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

The company has some great and unusual perks, such as a message therapist who comes in Tuesday and Fridays, and a beer party Friday afternoon. There is a game room, a quiet room to go take a nap, and wonderful views of Puget Sound. The pay is good, and they give you a comfortable chair once you've been there for 6 months.

Cons

I find my job very stressful. I have to deal with customers when their machines don't work. Frequently, the problems are bugs in the software, sometimes user stupidity. I do telephone and E-mail support and it is hard because I have to rely on my customers to tell me what's going wrong. My work time is scheduled by computer, there is a high level of surveillance both of my phone and my E-mail. It is not much fun.

Advice to Management

It's time to migrate the viprion technology to lower end products.