Far from the worst place to work..but definitely not the best

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks

Pros

F5 has reasonable compensation and benefits, and seems to understand the work/life balance. Vacation and holidays are standard for the industry and management seems to actually expect employees to take time off from work.

Cons

My overall experience with the company centers around poor communication and direction. We produce software in very rapid product cycles, which leads to serious feature cuts towards the middle of the process. Middle management is a tangled mess. Several large product groups with overlapping responsibilities. Individuals can be unknowingly working on the same feature in different groups. Leads to redundant work. Company has acquired several smaller firms over the last couple of years. Culturally never integrated well and do not have the same direction.

streamline processes. eliminate redundant middle management. focus on better integrating recent acquisitions

Other Reviews for F5 Networks

modern companies should have work from home options

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks

Pros

good benefits, good work environment, good perks, good learning experience

Cons

far away from home, salary is not as competitive as other similar companies

I think any employee should be allowed to work from home anytime they want. We can save in commute, in gas, in time help the community and be able to have a better work balance experience.

Great company!

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks

Pros

The people are great and are happy with what they do. They are smart but without the arrogance. There are also a wide range of technical problems to be tackled so there is bound to be something for everyone.

Cons

Growth opportunities appear to be limited for those interested in the more technical route. Tribal knowledge is also a problem.

The org chart for PD has never really made sense to me.

There are newer employer reviews for F5 Networks.

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!