There are newer employer reviews for FAA

Get paid a lot to compromise your values.

Current Employee - Air Traffic Systems Specialist  in  Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Air Traffic Systems Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at FAA

Pros

salary is great, overtime is paid when working over 40 hours. You can work at your own pace to get the job done. it is like a fire man you wait for equipment to break, then fix it.

Cons

Managers distrust employees, they do not respect workers and bully to get their way. stress level is high. The overall job satisfaction of the employees is low due to conflict with management. managers second guess you, they also do not want enough employees, so they aften have more work than can be completed, and expect it to be done in the same time as when there were 30 percent more employees.

Trust your workers, listen to their evaluation of problems, do not be condecending to the workers. Even though you push us to run liuke a business, we all know we really can't, and YOU DON'T OWN THE BUSINESS, THE TAXPAYERS DO. Finally, we both work for the citizens of the USA.

147 Other Employee Reviews for FAA (View Most Recent)

The FAA is not that bad

Current Employee - Air Traffic Controller  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Fremont, CA

I have been working at FAA

Pros

There is some security working for the Federal government. I don't worry about getting downsized. The benefits are pretty good. In addition to the regular vacation days, we get a little over eight hours a month of sick leave, which translates to a little over eight hours a month of extra vacation.

Cons

The Federal Aviation Administration is run like most Government entities; there are a lot burocracies. The managers are a joke. I have to work shiftwork and my days off are in the middle of the week. Getting transferred to another facility is very hard to do. There is currently a dress code.

Management needs to actually manage and lead.

Why I like the FAA

Current Employee - Aviation Safety Inspector
    Current Employee - Aviation Safety Inspector

I have been working at FAA

Pros

The opportunities for professional and personal growth.Excellent pay and working conditions compared to industry.

Cons

The employees that don't pull their own weight are not disciplined because of PASS (the union)

Listen to employees in the field. They see what happens every day.

There are newer employer reviews for FAA

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!