FAA

www.faa.gov
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for FAA

FAA is a good place to work usually...all government offices have a lot of bureaucracy.

Current Employee - Computer Software Specialist in Atlantic City, NJ
Current Employee - Computer Software Specialist in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at FAA

Pros

Federal Employees have great job security. Most projects that aren't understaffed and overworked are very flexible with when you take time off. Dress code is relaxed...probably too layed back sometimes. The location and pay are great considering the local economy does not make living in the area too expensive.

Cons

Management typically is incompetent. At least 50% of the people you work with aren't worth what they are paid either. You have to focus on the positive people to stay sane. Incentive and recognition aren't the strong points.

Just manage the people...don't reward everyone especially when most of them aren't doing the work.

170 Other Employee Reviews for FAA (View Most Recent)

Get paid a lot to compromise your values.

Current Employee - Air Traffic Systems Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Air Traffic Systems Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at FAA

Pros

salary is great, overtime is paid when working over 40 hours. You can work at your own pace to get the job done. it is like a fire man you wait for equipment to break, then fix it.

Cons

Managers distrust employees, they do not respect workers and bully to get their way. stress level is high. The overall job satisfaction of the employees is low due to conflict with management. managers second guess you, they also do not want enough employees, so they aften have more work than can be completed, and expect it to be done in the same time as when there were 30 percent more employees.

Trust your workers, listen to their evaluation of problems, do not be condecending to the workers. Even though you push us to run liuke a business, we all know we really can't, and YOU DON'T OWN THE BUSINESS, THE TAXPAYERS DO. Finally, we both work for the citizens of the USA.

The FAA is not that bad

Current Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Fremont, CA

I have been working at FAA

Pros

There is some security working for the Federal government. I don't worry about getting downsized. The benefits are pretty good. In addition to the regular vacation days, we get a little over eight hours a month of sick leave, which translates to a little over eight hours a month of extra vacation.

Cons

The Federal Aviation Administration is run like most Government entities; there are a lot burocracies. The managers are a joke. I have to work shiftwork and my days off are in the middle of the week. Getting transferred to another facility is very hard to do. There is currently a dress code.

Management needs to actually manage and lead.

There are newer employer reviews for FAA