There are newer employer reviews for FAA

When you're ready to be put out to pasture...

Current Employee - Flight Test Pilot  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Flight Test Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at FAA

Pros

Time off; Good benefits; Not demanding

Cons

Bureaucratic; Incompetent management; Political infighting

Exert less control on your employees, give them free reign and I think you will be surprised by the results

148 Other Employee Reviews for FAA (View Most Recent)

The schedule is incredibly draining; there is more stress from the schedule than the job.

Former Employee - Air Traffic Controller  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Fremont, CA

I worked at FAA

Pros

The work is challenging and the compensation is good. The psychological rewards of controlling lots of planes is great.

Cons

Say goodbye to spending normal holidays with your family. You will be tired most of the time because of the schedule. The schedule is unnecessarily ridiculous. Rarely are 2 days in a row starting at the same time. Overnight shifts are routine.

Two words. Hire. Locally. The satisfaction of many controllers I have met is closely matched with whether they are working in a location of their choice. People are lured by the salary into locations they dislike; and no amount of money makes them happy.

A great place to work, coworkers a friendly and personable and the pay and benefits are excellent.

Current Employee - Electronics Tech  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Electronics Tech in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FAA

Pros

Great benefits package, working together as a team brings you closer to your coworkers. I also travel abroad and get to see the world.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is not an abundance of overtime to be worked when you need that extra spending money.

Lead by example, we recently had a high profile executive manager get into some trouble with the law for drinking while driving, and he would send out periodic emails that broadcasted against such acts.

There are newer employer reviews for FAA

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!