FAA
www.faa.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Job security at it's best.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at FAA

ProsFriendly people and you are not always worried about the state of the economy and the security of your job. The location of the DC office is also great, which is considerably right in the ehart of our nations capital, Washington DC. Federal employees also have perks that are not known, some of which are quite impressive.

ConsSometimes you run into a lack of motivation with other workers in governement and on your own team. The incentives for hard work arent exactly comparable to private sector either; in government, age and time with the business plays a big role when it comes to moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers are nice and that reall y helps, but occassionaly, as in eveyrwhere, you run into managers that think they're too good and who are tough to work with.

It is a government job - that says it all

Computer Software Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at FAA

Pros: I am not sure about the "best" reason, but one of the big reason I am here is job security, benefits while on the job… Cons: Just like any government - or actually, any organization of this size (I do not think it is really a government v/s… Advice to Senior Management: small satisfactions go a long way. An example, a group… More

Air Traffic Control - either love it or hate it!

Air Traffic Controller (Current Employee)
Lansing, MI

I have been working at FAA

Pros: Air Traffic Control is a crazy job. They say only 2% of the population can do it. It is indeed a very stressful… Cons: This is a very stressful job that is not for the week of heart. It takes about 1-2 years of working one-on-one with a… Advice to Senior Management: My facility has a great management, so for other facilities, I think that employees really care that you recognize them, whether… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FAA.

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FAA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FAA CEO Michael P. Huerta . All reviews posted anonymously by FAA employees.