There are newer employer reviews for FAA

Good pay and benefits working at the shore

Former Employee - Program Analyst  in  Atlantic City, NJ
Former Employee - Program Analyst in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at FAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people and a flexible schedule

Cons

Can be boring and monotonous

Keep it up!

147 Other Employee Reviews for FAA (View Most Recent)

Bureaucratic and frustrating - you don't make a difference

Current Employee - Manager  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Manager in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at FAA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Mostly stable once permanent but everything take twice as long to get done as in the real world, making it all ineffective.

Cons

Bureaucratic baloney, silly actions that do nothing, knee-jerk reactions that waste time and taxpayer's money, twice as much work to get anything done because of red tape and idiotic rules. Federal unions are raping the taxpayers.

It would have to be at a higher level to do any good.

Great people to work with, but might seem like a dead-end for younger professionals

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For me, there are three main things that determine job satisfaction. Who you work with, what projects you work on, and salary. I have worked here for three years now and can say that there is a pretty good culture here and everyone is easy to get along with. And, most of the projects are interesting.

Cons

The FAA, unlike most other federal agencies, uses "pay banding" instead of the GS scale. The first three years straight out of college you get decent pay grade increases. After that, though, you are pretty much on a frozen salary that likely will not keep up with inflation. There seems to be very little in the way of career advancement. There are no bonuses. Also during those first three years you only receive four hours of leave every two weeks, i.e., 8 hours leave per month. On the other hand, I suppose it is a fairly stable job, for the most part. But as a young professional with ambition, I can't help but wonder if there's something more challenging and rewarding out there.

Recognize that there are bright individuals in the younger generation and that it is important to keep them interested in working for you, otherwise they may seek greener pastures elsewhere. Challenge them, keep them motivated, and paint a clear picture on what career opportunities exist.

There are newer employer reviews for FAA

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!