FAA

www.faa.gov

Air Trffic Control Career

Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Great job security, after a rigorous training (3 years) purposefully eliminating those that cannot do the work, thus jeopardize countless lives on airplanes. Great people.

ConsThe FAA decides where you will work, and 50/50 chance of transferring to where you want to live. Management opportunities are abundant, however the relationship between management and labor has always been strained.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the work and the people that perform the work. Avoid pitfall of making budget the number one thing. Budget supports work, it shouldn't drive it. Spend more time and energy developing the next generation of leaders. FAA does very little to train it's leaders.

A surprisingly good place to work at

Secretary (Current Employee) Flushing, NY

I have been working at FAA full-time for more than a year

Pros: A view of New York like no other Cons: The uneven distribution of work to the bottom Advice to Senior Management: Divide the workload more evenly, otherwise a pretty good solid… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bi-polar environment that thinks it knows what it wants but does nothing to ensure the local goals are achieved.

Atss (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

I have been working at FAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: pay, flexible schedule (provided you request far in advance), good rate… Cons: work schedule(rotating shifts), required to schedule leave out 1 yr in advance, supervisor can change schedule throughout year… Advice to Senior Management: Remind the flying public and Congress that FAA actually produces income for the gov't and before FAA was required to be part of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on FAA.

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!