FAA

Air Traffic as a profession

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at FAA

Pros

Federal employment, Good Benefits, Better than average pay

Cons

Management is more reactive than proactive.

Don't let the union take over again

159 Other Employee Reviews for FAA (View Most Recent)

Job security at it's best.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at FAA

Pros

Friendly people and you are not always worried about the state of the economy and the security of your job. The location of the DC office is also great, which is considerably right in the ehart of our nations capital, Washington DC. Federal employees also have perks that are not known, some of which are quite impressive.

Cons

Sometimes you run into a lack of motivation with other workers in governement and on your own team. The incentives for hard work arent exactly comparable to private sector either; in government, age and time with the business plays a big role when it comes to moving up.

Most managers are nice and that reall y helps, but occassionaly, as in eveyrwhere, you run into managers that think they're too good and who are tough to work with.

It is a government job - that says it all

Current Employee - Computer Software Specialist in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Computer Software Specialist in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at FAA

Pros

I am not sure about the "best" reason, but one of the big reason I am here is job security, benefits while on the job and then retirement benefits. Also, if you land in a good group - like luckily I did - you have the benefit of working for some very smart people.

Cons

Just like any government - or actually, any organization of this size (I do not think it is really a government v/s private sector, it is small v/s big issue), there is a lot of bureaucracy and hoops to jump to get anything done.

small satisfactions go a long way. An example, a group pizza once a month - would go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for FAA