There are newer employer reviews for FAO Schwarz

Fun Place t work but watch your back

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at FAO Schwarz

Pros

Its has a great business ethics. Its full of toys and kids of all ages. Plush is the easiest section you could work. The manager for the dept really cares for the people in her dept.

Cons

watch your back! for a great place to work for the holidays the people there are grumpy and the older people a jealous that the younger employees are moving up faster than them. watch out for the group hate that can be created over you...watch out who you speak too

Advice to Management

Run a pretty tight ship. Nothing really bad to talk about the management. They listen to most of the employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Toys Toys

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at FAO Schwarz

Pros

The people were nice and a great brand

Cons

Small retailer - hard to keep up with walmart!

The fun exisits for more than just the customers

Current Employee - Toy Demonstrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Toy Demonstrator in New York, NY

I have been working at FAO Schwarz

Pros

Its a toy store! What more can I say. The workplace is extremely pleasant and almost ALL the employees are friendly beyond belief. Immensely helpful and genuinely nice, as I had hoped the would be. For a large place that runs like a machine they make an effort to make you feel special and important; a real part of the team. I really liked that they stressed the importance of making people smile first and making the sale second.

Cons

As with every place, you will run into the incorrigable, the rude, the jaded and the down right unpleasant, but it doesn't overshadow the overall appeal of working for this company. Also, I wish there were more obvious steps for growth from my position to management and beyond, with that said I guess I'll have to forge ahead and make my own path. Also, since it is a BIG store off 5th Ave that has alot of employees buzzing around at any given time, you will find that if you aren't outgoing and willing to ask questions you will certainly find yourself lost in the sauce.

Advice to Management

To be quite honest, I have found management to be rather amazing. They are VERY approachable, forthcoming and efficient. Sometimes I find it hard to distinguish who works for what department but with a little time under my belt it will come in due time.