FARO Technologies

www.faro.com
  www.faro.com
There are newer employer reviews for FARO Technologies

Would the last one here please turn out the light

Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA
Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at FARO Technologies

Pros

The hourly workers and temps were really nice and down to earth. Very smart and talented people who care about doing the right thing. Not much backstabbing or gossip out of that lot.

Cons

It seemed to me that things were moving in a very regimented, corporate direction. Out was free thinking and creativity. In was new management from HQ and "this is how you should think, this is how you should feel".And LOT'S of doublespeak. I'm actually GLAD they asked me to leave because I may not have on my own. It seemed to me like a company (or at least a division) being run into the ground by management.

Be honest. Stop with the whole "I can't do anything to help you because THEY won't let me"
 charade. It's obviously not a company that cares about it's employees so why portray it that way?

27 Other Employee Reviews for FARO Technologies (View Most Recent)

Ride's over. Time to look elsewhere

Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Small company feel. lots of areas for growth. better senior management could make it an outstanding company. company has become a known source of high quality products so industry acceptance is very good. very young staff is several areas.

Cons

company grew too fast. decisions are made without thought of the consequences, usually because it's what the competition is doing. Quality has gone downhill due to some very bad decisions involving "lowest cost" bidders on projects. employees are treated as a liability instead of an asset and most long tenured employees have left the company.

Think before making kneejerk reactions. Don't copy the competitions mistakes. Go back to what we do best and stop experimenting.

Great for a while if you fit the mold

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time

Pros

Great Technology and branding. Fun to sell. Good income on some years.

Cons

Cares more about shareholders than employees. Sales team comp plan is 100% commission based. Account Managers take all the financial risk. One bad year and they end up loosing a lot of talent thru layoffs or people leaving.

Think longer term and stop being obsessed with growth at all cost

There are newer employer reviews for FARO Technologies