FARO Technologies

www.faro.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for FARO Technologies

Great Place to work for young profesionals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at FARO Technologies

Pros

*It is a modern environment
*Friendly management
*Interesting
*Compensation and benefits are competitive
*Global view

Cons

There is a need to provide better opportunities for employee development.
There is a need to improve the quality of the product, quality comes before profit.

Pay attention to the teams around you and make sure that those who are promoted are the ones pulling their weight. Some of them have great smiles but don’t work as hard as they pretend.

28 Other Employee Reviews for FARO Technologies (View Most Recent)

Would the last one here please turn out the light

Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA
    Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at FARO Technologies

Pros

The hourly workers and temps were really nice and down to earth. Very smart and talented people who care about doing the right thing. Not much backstabbing or gossip out of that lot.

Cons

It seemed to me that things were moving in a very regimented, corporate direction. Out was free thinking and creativity. In was new management from HQ and "this is how you should think, this is how you should feel".And LOT'S of doublespeak. I'm actually GLAD they asked me to leave because I may not have on my own. It seemed to me like a company (or at least a division) being run into the ground by management.

Be honest. Stop with the whole "I can't do anything to help you because THEY won't let me"
     charade. It's obviously not a company that cares about it's employees so why portray it that way?

Ride's over. Time to look elsewhere

Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Small company feel. lots of areas for growth. better senior management could make it an outstanding company. company has become a known source of high quality products so industry acceptance is very good. very young staff is several areas.

Cons

company grew too fast. decisions are made without thought of the consequences, usually because it's what the competition is doing. Quality has gone downhill due to some very bad decisions involving "lowest cost" bidders on projects. employees are treated as a liability instead of an asset and most long tenured employees have left the company.

Think before making kneejerk reactions. Don't copy the competitions mistakes. Go back to what we do best and stop experimenting.

There are newer employer reviews for FARO Technologies