There are newer employer reviews for FCB

Felt like a library, not a creative department

Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at FCB

Pros

The agency had money to burn and time to kill. I'd get three weeks to revise a headline on some accounts. Luxury!

Need for bodies meant I worked on upwards of 5 accounts at the same time.

Fantastic Traffic and Proofreading departments.

Cons

Quiet and awkward vibe. Felt somewhere between working in a library and working in bank.

On many accounts, creative direction was often, "Just do it the way we did it last year."

Firings were large and frequent, making the agency feel like a work camp at times, leaving those of us remaining dumbstruck and just grateful to be employed.

Focus on the work, and the awards will follow. Not the other way around.

217 Other Employee Reviews for FCB (View Most Recent)

A fine place to work, until IPG took over, merged FCB with Draft and placed greedy, abrasive management in place.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at FCB

Pros

It's a well-known ad agency where you get to work along side some very talented creative people on national accounts.

Cons

Upper management at Draftfcb & IPG has ruined the team-oriented atmosphere that existed for decades at FCB. They came in and destroyed great, long-term client relationships with a pompous attitude and backstabbing politics, casting aside people who dedicated careers to the agency.

Focus on serving the client, consumer and agency people who do the work. That's what makes an agency valuable and profitable. Treating clients and employees as disposable pawns have given you short-term rewards but will catch up to you some day.

Typical agency issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FCB

Pros

Strong leadership from the agency president. Generally nice people. Fairly open environment. Positive attitudes among team members. A few good accounts. Well-stocked kitchen.

Cons

Like most agencies, there are silos between departments. There is also limited ability to learn beyond one's own account. Some at the SVP level can be risk averse, others don't provide any leadership for their teams, and others are completely hands off when it comes to any actual deliverables. Lack of thought leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for FCB