FDA
www.fda.gov Silver Spring, MD 5000+ Employees

I have learned a lot and am allowed to be as hands on with my project as I want to be.

Research Assistant - Intern (Current Employee)
Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at FDA

ProsEveryone working there is extremely intelligent and they are dealing with cutting edge research with the goal of increasing the safety of new medical devices. Huge organization with plenty of opportunities in many different departments.

ConsFor my one year intern position to become a full time position it would require me to have a PhD. Availability of new positions depends on government budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep actively supporting local universities with internships.

It's an exciting environment. Always regulatory changes, new drug entities, emergencies to handle.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

I worked at FDA

Pros: * Smart, competent people * Interesting work * Very family friendly * Great… Cons: The personality of the Office of the Commissioner (OC), which impacts the rest of the Agency, changes with a new administration. This is no… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you Center Directors. Include them in at the beginning of the conversation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Putting up with frustrating bureaucracy, and lazy and incompetent coworkers and managers

Consumer Safety Officer (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD

I have been working at FDA

Pros: Job security Work/Life balance Public health mission Work at home 2 days per… Cons: Bureaucracy Incompetent and lazy employees Dysfunctional employees that are bullies - we are told to accept their behavior because "they have always been that way" Managers stuck… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize the benefit of hiring managers with experience in nongovernment… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FDA.

Worked for FDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FDA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FDA CEO Margaret Hamburg, M.D. All reviews posted anonymously by FDA employees.