FDA

  www.fda.gov
  www.fda.gov
There are newer employer reviews for FDA

2 people found this helpful  

Overall great place to work

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Consumer Safety Officer in College Park, MD
Current Employee - Consumer Safety Officer in College Park, MD

I have been working at FDA

Pros

Satisfying mission, many opportunities for professional development and career advancement, very challenging and interesting work

Cons

Lots of red tape. Impossible deadlines. Heavy work load.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

decrease red tape. provide reasonable deadlines. treat us with respect.

Recommends
No opinion of CEO

131 Other Employee Reviews for FDA (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 3 people found this helpful  

    Big workload, but enjoy working at FDA

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Consumer Safety Officer in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Consumer Safety Officer in Silver Spring, MD

    I have been working at FDA

    Pros

    - mission of the agency is to protect the public health
    - not-for-profit
    - change to impact policy / make a difference
    - interesting work assignments
    - FDA experience is marketable, if you look to change careers down the road
    - federal government benefits
    - options available to work-at-home 1 or 2 days a week
    - busy workload, so you are never bored!

    Cons

    - big government red-tape
    - when decisions come down from above, no ability to negotiate (it is how it is)
    - busy workload with inflexible deadlines
    - HR is done through the Office of Personal Management = disorganized, takes a long time for hiring paperwork to go through
    - no DC metro stop near FDA headquarters in White Oak

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    360 reviews would be helpful

    Recommends
    No opinion of CEO
  2.  

    Good job if you're a burnt out MD, can get boring if you're young and ambitious.

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Medical Officer in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Medical Officer in Silver Spring, MD

    I have been working at FDA

    Pros

    Abstract benefit to society which feels more palpable in the beginning

    Cons

    It's bread and butter regulatory work such as moving papers from the inbox to the outbox - 90% of the time. The other 10% is doing reviews.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Retire...

    No opinion of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for FDA

Work at FDA? Share Your Experiences

FDA

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.