www.fei.com
  www.fei.com
There are newer employer reviews for FEI

I have been working at FEI

Pros

Technology, good people, diverse markets, job stability, company growth, employee stock plan

Cons

Location, some projects disorganized, telecommuting discouraged, high work load, limited career/salary growth opportunities, medical benefits

Bonuses are great, but for most of us our salaries pay the bills. The return on investment of properly staffing critical projects and keeping core employees satisfied should be a no-brainer.

26 Other Employee Reviews for FEI (View Most Recent)

Overall a decent place to work, more stable than competitors

I have been working at FEI

Pros

stable company, interesting products and technology, people working there are professional but casual and generally nice to work with. Advancement potential if you are in the right place at the right time

Cons

High achievers are rewarded with more work not compensation, while others who just get by have no reason to do more... we all get roughly the same increases of 1-3% IF there is an increase. 50-50 shot at that.

So the performance based comp is a bit of a joke unless as I said, you are in the right place at the right time or manage to transfer around.

Get back to basics. The company will never grow the way you want it to until you get the fundamental functions working together smoothly.

Management plays musical chairs every 2-3 years, and half completed solutions to our real problems get scrapped. We do it all over again, just in a different way so someone could have a so-called accomplishment on his resume.

Quit telling us about cutting costs when the executives wasted a ton of money after being stuck in Europe because of the volcano - and later bragging about it. What was wrong with staying there and WORKING?

great company with great tools but sometimes unclear managmant decisions

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at FEI

Pros

interesting field of work, many different research costumers, great direct lower management,

Cons

sometimes a lot of travel, higher management decisions not always clear, to much paperwork

trust more your one people and ask them what is best to improve the company

There are newer employer reviews for FEI