FEMA
www.fema.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Life on the move

Environmental Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, amazing opportunities for the kinds of work you can't do in the private sector, many intelligent colleagues, overtime is only expected during a disaster.

ConsOvertime (12 hr days, 7 days a week) is expected during disasters, many unintelligent colleagues that seem to get promotions rather than demotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever be afraid to write a bad performance review. If someone isn't doing their job, yet that is never reflected in their review, it hurts us all when that person is promoted.

It's office work

Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at FEMA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: A job, pays well, very busy, follow chain of command,… Cons: Can be brutally busy when disasters are rocking. Long hours, quick… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its wonderful to help people during a disaster

DAE (Current Employee)

I have been working at FEMA

Pros: 1. Helping people during a disaster 2. Opportunities for… Cons: A DAE position is on call. That means you only work if there is training or a disaster. No… Advice to Senior Management: FEMA has many lessons learned and has made many improvements. I would like more feedback from management on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FEMA.

Worked for FEMA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FEMA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FEMA CEO Jason McNamara. All reviews posted anonymously by FEMA employees.