FEMA

www.fema.gov
There are newer employer reviews for FEMA

FEMA is all about security protecting all information. Securing our country and being very watchful of your surrounding

Current Employee - Disaster SurvivorAssistance Specialist in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Disaster SurvivorAssistance Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at FEMA as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my work. every deployment came with new experience and you never do one thing twice there were always new and better ways

Cons

I only work when there was a disaster and I need a permanent job

94 Other Employee Reviews for FEMA (View Most Recent)

I was a wonderful experience,

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at FEMA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm a people person and I enjoy being apart of a wonderful team,

Cons

Don't have no problems wish I was still working for the company. I work in the logistic department we are the people that make everything happen to take care of the need of the people. I had many title in this department, from Data enter Clerk, File Clerk, Tailer Inspector, administration assistant, and Custodian Inventory specialist.

They were a pleasure to work with, they encourage you to take classes to better your self. They enjoy their job as much as I did.

Not what I had thought

I have been working at FEMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, you get to help disaster survivors all over the country, network and meet new people. It never gets boring. However, alot also depends on your job position, field and the level of management you are working in.

Cons

Upper management and leadership ability is a major concern. Alot of people are unhappy and upper management does not seem to either notice or care, which is the worst part. Morale is low and people seem to be in it for themselves, rather than work together as a team; especially when you're working in a field that requires a tremendous amount of teamwork. It is very unorganized and lacks policies to guide you in the right direction. Pay is not that great for what you do either.

Listen to the people below you and really take what they say into consideration.

There are newer employer reviews for FEMA