FFE Transportation

There are newer employer reviews for FFE Transportation

Done Well Here

Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Training, although school was designed to weed out those that dont really want it and is made tough. I had old previous experience so I knew the old games and tricks. Was my second time through trucking school. All together is a good school and is free. Wages are comparable to other major trucking companies, and there was opportunity for me to quickly go from 27 cpm to 38.5 cpm all drop and hook by finding a driver I could team with.

Cons

I think the school is eccentric in how it treats its students while weeding out the non hackers. I saw some folks that would have made good truckers for FFE run off. For lack of understanding what was happening around them. I saw student snitching on student for piddly stuff to gain brownie points. Ehhh but it was free and all total not a bad company to work for once away from main terminal in Dallas. I call that terminal the Hotel California...You can check in But you will never leave.

None its your company run it how you want...I'll just haul freight for as long as it last.

19 Other Employee Reviews for FFE Transportation (View Most Recent)

ffe

Former Employee - Driver in Lancaster, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Lancaster, TX

I worked at FFE Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

new trucks every three years, training department is the best, starting pay is better then most companies, miles are there, they provide everything you need to do your job.

Cons

they should screen their trainers better

na

Great Salary and days off, bad management, high turnover rate, unhappy employees

Former Employee - Planner in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Planner in Dallas, TX

I worked at FFE Transportation

Pros

Good salary, Saturday and Sundays off. Very supportive on giving time off in case of family illness. Ask a question and you will get answer.

Cons

Bad training system, in order to truly learn you have to make mistakes and get in trouble before someone truly notices that you need help or better training. Amount of work can get overwhelming and when you bring it up, what an employee would get is an attitude. Lack of support from management, and management agrees that there isn't any teamwork., yet do absolutely nothing about it. Saw over 6 people quit in a 6 month period.

Work on having one system for planners to do the job regardless of what area of the USA they are in charge off. Listen to the planners (since they have the 2nd hardest job in FFE). Show that you support their decisions and stand behind them.

There are newer employer reviews for FFE Transportation