There are newer employer reviews for FFE Transportation

Very Bad Experience with FFE

Current Employee - Driver  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe one day Russell Stubs will learn the value of his drivers.

Cons

My experience with FFE: After 10 years out service from the trucking industry, I had to do a refresher course just to get back into trucking. Boy I should have done my homework when it came to picking a company to do the refresher course. FFE from get go one has been a living nightmare. 1st thing they brought me to Dallas 3 days early for orientation, then 2nd of all their dorm rooms looked like jail cells nothing like posted on their web site. I do give a plus to my trainer I had to go with part of the refresher course. I just got lucky!! And got a good trainer and got my own truck in 3 ½ weeks. Most trainers at FFE use a driver that is refreshing and has had driving experience before for the full six weeks of OTR road training. You know the money thing! Now the big kicker! Out of 4 months driving I have had only 1 week with over 2000 miles. 29cpm is very low pay these days for 1st year driving. I have spent more time waiting on loads upwards to 1 ½ days to 3 days plus very long delays getting unloaded. Biggest burn is when you get a good pre plan load 9 out of 10 times its canceled and given to a Driver trainer / Owner operator or Lease driver. Company drivers get all the left overs scents company drivers are on forced dispatch where others are not. Don’t take much of a brain to do the math 29cpm x 2000miles = 580.00 minus travel advances of 160.00 per week and your taxes?? You make less than minimum wage on a 70 hour week. So if you want to get screwed give FFE a call.

Wont do no good!! Until the owners understand the value of there drivers and decide to pay them more!!

17 Other Employee Reviews for FFE Transportation (View Most Recent)

Done Well Here

Current Employee - Driver  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Training, although school was designed to weed out those that dont really want it and is made tough. I had old previous experience so I knew the old games and tricks. Was my second time through trucking school. All together is a good school and is free. Wages are comparable to other major trucking companies, and there was opportunity for me to quickly go from 27 cpm to 38.5 cpm all drop and hook by finding a driver I could team with.

Cons

I think the school is eccentric in how it treats its students while weeding out the non hackers. I saw some folks that would have made good truckers for FFE run off. For lack of understanding what was happening around them. I saw student snitching on student for piddly stuff to gain brownie points. Ehhh but it was free and all total not a bad company to work for once away from main terminal in Dallas. I call that terminal the Hotel California...You can check in But you will never leave.

None its your company run it how you want...I'll just haul freight for as long as it last.

ffe

Former Employee - Driver  in  Lancaster, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Lancaster, TX

I worked at FFE Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

new trucks every three years, training department is the best, starting pay is better then most companies, miles are there, they provide everything you need to do your job.

Cons

they should screen their trainers better

na

There are newer employer reviews for FFE Transportation

Worked for FFE Transportation? Contribute to the Community!