FGS

www.fgs-llc.com
There are newer employer reviews for FGS

MIxed

I worked at FGS

Pros

Family feel, CEO concern, relaxed work environment

Cons

Inconsistent HR policies, limited empowerment

Communicate where the company is going more than once a year

9 Other Employee Reviews for FGS (View Most Recent)

Company that had vision then lost it Going downhill FAST. Only DESPERATE should apply! Only use as a stepping stone.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Mány (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Mány (Hungary)

I worked at FGS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brent Snyder is no longer CEO...He truly cared about people. Driven out for putting people ahead of profits. Probably justified but his heart was in the right place no doubt. The loyalty he instilled cannot be found in companies anymore. They pay pretty well but pay incompetent moron's the same as talented folks. Very insulting to sharp people.

Cons

No long term vision. Can't see past last week's numbers. Probably will be gone very soon. NO loyalty except to ex-enlisted pals and other cronies. Current CEO all talk... Sounds very caring, but truly doesn't care about anything but how he looks to owners. Very political, all perception. Ex-Senior Enlisted- over his head. Yes man, not true leader. They will slash personnel until no decent one's remain. Soon to be an ex-company.

Quit hiring incompetent people, recognize and RETAIN talent. I'm sure it falls on deaf ears but good luck on hiring decent people when you don't take care of anyone but management.

Good place to start

I worked at FGS

Pros

I loved working for the company, it has a real small family type vibe and has big plans for expansion in the future.

Cons

Although FGS was a great company to work for, the influx of newly retired military personnel hurt growth within my division. Rather then follow industry standard practices my managers chose to implement rules and policies based on their military experiences. Also, many employees who had be hired to fill specific roles were shifted and nudged out by office politics, mostly because most of the team had served together at one time and were leery of outsiders.

I did appreciate the opportunities offered by FGS, however their were two issues that I did have with management:
    1: Policies were not clearly stated in regard to work hours or duties, therefore as a salaried employee you were expected to be at work early and often past your assigned shift without comp time. Also team member roles were not clearly defined.
    2: Although the statement of work of the contract may change, please don't put employees in a bad position by promising the client that work can be performed within the scope of the contract even though you don't have the personnel with the right training, skills or abilities to perform the work. Many long shifts and headaches could have been avoided if vendor training was provided to the workers in the field rather than management, who then never taught anyone else the skills they learned.

There are newer employer reviews for FGS